oh thats me...
i just got this from Maud at food fued i always enjoy hearing about what other people eat and i dont share to much about what i eat on here:) so here goes!
1. What is the most extravagant food item you've purchased of late? just tonight i bought agave syrup and miso, both pretty expensive. i love miso since it is such a strong flavor and low in calories. agave because its...well..really good:) tonight i made a salad dressing out of miso (1ts), some cashew butter(1 ts) i had made in my blender, agave (1 ts), some rice vin (maybe 2 tbs) grainy mustard(about 1 or 2 tbs and some nutritional yeast(1/4 cup?) and some water to make it the consistency you like. it was enough for about 3 big salads. normally i use stevia instead of agave, but tonight i tried something new:) actually i normally dont use cashew butter either....ok i think im dont answering this question....lol
2. What was your favorite meal growing up?
i loved when we would make our own huge salads from the "salad bar" my mom would make or the "taco bar" my mom would set up:)
3. What food item do you most wish you could expertly make every time? corn bread, im getting close to what the jiffy kind tastes like. but i want it exactly so i can make it for stomper so he will stop buying eggs and milk and jiffy, for just one meal!!(he is pretty picky..so its a harder than just making vegan cornbread.
4. Do you have a favorite dish you've ordered at a restaurant? Which restaurant? i like broccoli...in any type of (vegan)sauce:)
5. What do you eat that makes you feel healthiest? huh...its more like what i dont eat. i dont feel good if i eat to much heavy/junk foods. taking it easy on white flour products is what makes me feel the best. once you kick the "white food" habit its really easy(er pretty easy) to stay away.
6. What was the first cookbook you obtained? "i cant believe its tofu" when i first moved to back to CA i hung out with one of my brothers old friends (the funniest guy in the world!!) and he had lots of vegan friends and he took me shopping and showed me that tons of store brand cookies were actually vegan!!!!(if you eat white sugar) and when we went back to his parents house his mom gave me a copy of a book she had bought for when some of his vegan friends came over:) and thats how i got my tofu book:)
7. What is the oddest meal you've ever cobbled together? well, i add everything to my salads, so probably every single meal i eat is odd...i do remember when i was a baby vegan i ordered three different types of potato at dennys..without realizing it until i got the plate...it was a sea of brown...
8. Best sandwich concoction? EDS DELI!!!!!!!shredded lettuce,quac,tomato,onion,oregano,olives.... piggy likes it too...grrr i cant find the post but she got my sandwich off the couch and it looked like a lettuce patch exploded! it was awful seeing my beautiful eds deli being abused like that!!
9. Quick! What is the last food you just ate? salad:) with a piece of enchilada bake on top:)
10. Describe your usual breakfast scenario. What, when, where, why...ok i get up, drink a glass of water, try to wait a few min before i start on something else...dont make it and eat fruit. ill eat in the kitchen or in stompers office watching tv. or ill make a smoothie and drink that while snuggling a piggy and watching tv.piggy, as soon as she is done looking around the house for missed food...is ready to take a snuggle nap.
11. What, if anything, would you like to change about your diet? id like to stop eating so much at night. thats my biggest problem!!
23 hours ago